.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Home Again

WE got home yesterday from our vacation.  We spent a week on a cruise and a second week in a time/share in the Berkshires on the Massachusetts-New York State line.  Ate lots took pictures of the beautiful fall foliage and, to our surprise actually lost weight.  It is good to be home.

Today, I watched the Israeli people celebrate the the recovery of their kidnapped soldier and watched the Palestinians celebrate the return of some five hundred Palestinian prisoners (with more yet to come) to their friends and families, and I confess that it makes me very uncomfortable.  I can’t give a logical reason why, but I have an inner fear that this action may end up being a flash point that starts an all out Middle East war.  I am trying to talk myself out of this feeling but as I watched all these people rejoice, I had, and still have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

3 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Norma said...

Home again? You just can't keep retirees off the road.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Kathleen said...

I share your concern about the Middle East. Let's hope out gut reaction is wrong.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Darlene said...

Isn't it great to get home! You'll have to read my post about our vacation. Not so great, I'm afraid!

I just hate what's going on in the Middle East. It's not so great in the rest of the world either, for that matter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home