.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Monday, September 12, 2011

Home Again, Hurray

Janet is back home.  We had a scary couple of  days but she is home.  (Weak, spending a lot of time in bed, but home.)  She was scheduled for an MRI yesterday afternoon, but she was still being sick to her stomach when they took her up to the machine.   The Dr. running the thing was not happy, and implied that if her stomach decided to upchuck during the MRI she was just going to have to stay there and do it, so, they mutually agreed to postpone it till today.   They had her on large doses of Ibuprofen and “”what else” all night. (She says that they woke her up every two hours to take her vitals, medicate her, take her to the bathroom and  -- she was not wholly sure what else) but when she got up this morning, she could lift her left arm and move her left leg, which they found a little shocking.

She called me at about 7:45 this morning to tell me not to bring the stuff I was scheduled to bring, but  that she was going to come home.  I had a bunch of stuff I had to get done in the morning so when I go there at about 10 AM she was sitting in the chair in her room and was all checked out.

Prayers, good thoughts and her determination paid off.  Thank you for your concern.  I am astonished and pleased because when I left as she was going down to MRI, she was so obviously sick that I was sure she would be there for a week or more.  That’s how much I know.

4 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Good news! May Janet continue to improve.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Norma said...

I learn almost as much about medicine reading your posts as I do from JAMA. Glad this are looking up again for Janet.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Darlene said...

Glad she is going to be home. It's no fun to be in the hospital and I would lots rather be home, even if I am still sick. Give Jan my love. You guys have sure had a hard time lately. Hope things go better for you now.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Kathleen said...

I am so happy for you and Janet. Wonderful news. Keeping you both in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home