.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Monday, September 05, 2011

Back again (sorta)

I haven’t posted since my birthday in July, so probably those who used to follow me have long since given up the space on their blogroll to some more useful purpose.  It isn’t that I haven’t had things to write about.  Janet and I went to a wonderful family reunion in Idaho, a number of interesting things have happened, but when I sit at the computer, I end up checking facebook, reading the blogs of others, (any of my favorites have become as casual about it as I) or just goofing around.  I have been trying to finish the story of my son Eric, but it is so much harder when I try writing about a time when he was in the process of trying to withdraw from much of the integrated activity of our family.

Probably the biggest reason for not writing is that my mind is not as functional as it has been.  I told Janet this morning that sometimes I am so happy, and other times I wonder if this getting old crap is really worth the effort.  I have real trouble making simple decisions, I start and activity and the wonder what I started.  This morning was a really silly thing.  Janet and I like to go to good restaurants, but for some reason, I never am able to finish the entre and end up taking part of it home.  Our refrigerator is sometime replete with white boxes. (This was not a problem while Eric was staying with us, he did a “white box scavenge almost every day).  This morning I had my traditional greek Yoghurt quicky and notice a white box that I knew had a wonderful piece of steak in it.  Deciding to add steak to my breakfast, I took it out, put it on a plate, sliced it thin and gave the thirty second microwave shot, and popped the first slice into my mouth.

It then occurred to me that I would enjoy this more if I went to the  bathroom and inserted my upper platel  (I am sure that people exist that can eat steak without teeth, but I am  not one of them.

After the teeth were in place, the steak with ingested, and I wandered around the house for a moment, it occurred to me that this might be a good time to make a post.  I started this thing, in part  to share the experience of being three score and ten of more years old, and thiis was certainly an unfortunately frequent sample of the experience.  (I say unfortunate, but to be honest, I have to say, I found it pretty funny.  I guess it’s okay if you can laugh at your own stupidity for a moment.)

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Kathleen said...

You got me laughing! While I am not Three Score and Ten, I do have my senior moments. Thanks for the laugh. P.S. I've missed your writing. Glad you are back.

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger Davoh said...

Ooer, just thought to let ya know. Have booked self into horse riding lesson (oh, really) .. yet again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home