.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ambitions

Doing all that memory lane stuff for DADDY’S LITTLE BOY started me thinking about all the things I planned to do fifty or so years ago and contrasting those ambitions (quite a few of which were fulfilled) with my current ambitions.  I was thinking about them in church this morning.  I thought of three.

1. Walk swiftly across the yard without limping or groaning aloud.  (I very nearly reached that one  yesterday)

2. Stay awake through all the sermons in church

3. Don’t drool or spill food and shirt, T shirt, or tie while eating. (I’m swiftly running out of shirts since I have discovered that food stains are almost impossible to get out of shirts.)

I’m giving myself a two week window for the achievement of all three. 

Will report success or failure at the termination of two weeks.

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Darlene said...

I can so sympathize. I drool too and it can be embarasssing. I also have a hard time walking and standing up straight. I hope you don't still have the problems when you are my age. Getting old is not for the fain hearted. It makes one strong in the long run. As for staying awake during church, I haven't had that problem yet, but who knows?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home