.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rolling Stone

I am not a fan of Rolling Stone Magazine and never have been.  My basic view of Rolling Stone  is that it is written from such a strong bias and off-beat point of view that most of the articles therein are  full of ----I guess I will keep it clean and go back to bias.  On the other hand, my oldest son was a fan of Rolling Stone.  He worked as a roadie for several rock bands, was a “Dead Head” etc. so I bought him a subscription to Rolling Stone for Christmas, and as a regular reader of this blog, you would know that he died of lung cancer in Mid-November.  As a result, I have an issue of Rolling Stone coming to my home on a regular basis.  I am a waste not want not voracious reader so I scan the magazine regularly and have found that most of the articles are full of what I have always thought they were full of.

In the April 28 issue there is an article that everyone who is concerned with the way the government is functioning and they waste of our tax dollars (and complaining that there aren’t enough of them) should read.  It is very revealing and specific and deals with the complicity of the Fed in wasting the “”bailout” money, and keeping secret what was done with it.  The article is THE REAL HOUSDEWIVES OF WALL STREET, and starts out  like so much in the magazine as liberal screed.  But if I had the know-how to put the second paragraph of the article into this post without typing it out manually I would do it.  I heartily suggest that anyone, conservative or liberal should read it.  It is both frightening and infuriating.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Darlene said...

I'm afraid I have never read "Rolling Stones" and I'm not sure I want to read this article either. After my Dick's watching four hours of Fox daily Megan Kelly, Glen Beck and Bill O'Reilly, I just don't want to get any more depressed. I find myself crying each morning as it is. If it will wake anyone up though, I hope someone will read it.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Norma said...

That's why God invented links. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-real-housewives-of-wall-street-look-whos-cashing-in-on-the-bailout-20110411

I used to read Rolling Stone occasionally--there's usually one really outstanding article per issue. Sounds like you found it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home