.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Sunday, March 20, 2011

I dunno

Since the passing of my oldest son back in November, my posting on the blog has become very sporadic.  Every time I sit at the computer I end up writing on a memoir about my son.  It began to get lengthy so I decided to divide it into two parts, Daddy’s Little Boy,  and Not Daddy’s Little Boy, but, even as a two parter I am afraid that each part will be so long that no one will finish it except my other children who will then fill my Email box with notes  explaining that I have my facts wrong..

In the meantime enough has happened that I would have liked to post about, and I didn’t.  I mentioned a while ago that I am very pessimistic about the results of what is happening in the Middle East.  I fear that the Egyptians have gone from one dictatorship to another, Yemen is going down the tubes, and my deep suspicion is that Khadafy is going to end up exactly where he was.  For forty years he has played his enemies like a violin, and ‘No Fly Zone’ or not, except that he will have winnowed out some of his diplomats, and a lot of Libyans will have died, we are in for the same ol –same ol.

On the home front, I looked at my self the other day in a full length mirror and realized that I look like a frail old geezer.  I had surrendered to the geezer/coot identification a long time ago, but “frail”/   Yuck.

Janet has had another episode where she suddenly “drops out”.  She was working with her computer when suddenly she felt terrible, and called for help. I had to almost carry her  (almost is the noticeable word, since I am now “frail”) to her bed.  She fell immediately to sleep and slept for the rest of the day and most of the nest night.  I took her to our doctor (We have changed General Practitioners, we no longer trust our former one.) and the doctor said that we did the right thing, and he couldn’t find an immediate cause.   She also kicked the vacuum cleaner rushing for the phone and broke her foot, so she is reluctantly wearing a moon boot. 

We just keep on keepin on.  Will finish Daddy’s Little Boy  in a few days and post it.  Let me know if it makes you snore, and I will know whether to spend time on the next episode.  (Actually, for some reason that a good psychologist would probably be able to identify, I am, sort of, driven to finish this)

4 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger Ed said...

As an avid journalist and story writer of my youth, I always tell people that what they read is MY recollection of events and that time MAY have changed how I saw things. After that, I don't apologize and I don't change things.

Although I still feel neutral about Egypt, I have a bad feeling about Libya. We are now mired down in a civil war and are now responsible for the outcome. To me, it just screams hello ground troops sometime in the near future. With a sour economy, massive debt and a huge blood treasure that has been spent in Iraq and Afghanistan, I'm not sure we can survive another war with an Arab nation without serious consequences.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

My feeling exactly. If Khadafi doesn't wiggle out of this, we're faced with ground troops or a possible Al Queida (however that is spelled) run nation the size of
Alaska.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Norma said...

Yes, please finish it. It will be a fine tribute--but if you think it's getting a bit long, perhaps you could divide it even further with pt. 1, pt. 2, etc., and enough photos to keep your fans reading.

So sorry to hear about Janet's foot.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Darlene said...

So much for me commenting on your blogs all at once. I got the wrong comment on the wrong blog (regarding Jan's broken foot) plus I just rambled on about a lot of stuff.......Hope you don't mind and I promise I will try to just comment on one blog at a time.

As for this one, you are spot on and I do thing your thoughts on what is happening in the world are exactly how my Dick and I view the worlds happenings. I just hate that our country feels we have to be so involved with all the problems in the world. I hate that we have to have so many wars going on and I hate that we will never get out of debt.......ever, unless they start turning things around right now. And isn't it great that part of the government is about to close down?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home