.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Friday, March 27, 2009

Cops

I saw a thing on the news tonite.  An NFL player ran a stoplight on the way to the hospital to take his wife to see her mother who was at death's door.  Some obviously racist (the driver was black) cop stopped him at the hospital and harassed him for thirteen minutes while his mother-in-law died.  I am so glad it didn't happen to me (unlikely since I am not black and probably would have been dealt with more courteously, though you never can tell when you have a cop who is so insecure that he has to reinforce his own ego by harassing others) I probably would be dead, because I would have looked at the cop, and said something on the line of "If you want to be the first cop in history to shoot a man for running a light, get out your gun, because I am going in the hospital.  If you are still here when I come out, I'll discuss this with you." and I would have turned my back on the SOB who gives all good cops a bad name, and walked into the hospital.  Who knows?  He might have shot me.

3 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Norma said...

I saw that same story--weren't they in the parking lot of the hospital? It was really bizarre, and I'm sure there will be a law suit--as there should be.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger t_cole said...

It was so humiliating that this happened in Texas - just up the road from me.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

I heard the recording on Fox today and was astonished.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home