.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Monday, February 09, 2009

Presidential Press Conference

I try to stay away from Politics, politicians and stuff like that, but I am always interested in what is going on.  I watched the Presidential press conference today, and hope that the conclusions I drew are wrong.

I told everyone that I thought Obama's communication skills would get him elected and I was right, but this evening was a real disappointment. The whole affair just reeked of collusion.  That is to say that it appeared, from the way it went, that the questions were pre-submitted, selected to make the points that the President wanted to make, and that the answers were rehearsed and planned.

I have never been a newspaper reporter, just a hack add salesmen, but I have known a lot of newsmen and women and these appeared to be presidential toadies.  I hope I'm wrong.  No one could prove it one way or another, but if I were judging it as a rhetorical competition, I would say that the reporters "threw the match."

1 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I'm convinced the questions were pre-submitted. If you noticed, obama called out reporters names and then had to find them. The reporters were pre-selected. Funny how Fox News didn't get a question.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home