.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Medical Care

I ran out of most of my prescriptions while we were traveling, so I made haste to the pharmacy to get renewals today (yesterday being a holiday).   My co-payment was 193.98 dollars.  My co payment for exactly the same drugs a month an a half ago was 142.00 (which was quite frightening at the time.  Looking at my receipt, all the drugs which had a 25.00 co payment last time had a 30.00 co payment today.  This, in addition to a more than 300.00 increase of the amount they took from my social security pension last month for Medicare.  I received my yearly accounting of what is taken from my university pension for insurance etc. and discovered that I am also paying some from that pension for Medicare accounting.  I still have one presciption to go for the month, one that has to be compounded and comes from a different pharmacy.  Last month the co-payment was 45.00.  I shudder to think what it will be this month (The insurance people make that decision.)  I am sure glad that government health care is making health care so much less expensive.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Norma said...

The only health care costs that come down with time are those not covered by insurance (lasix eye surgery, aesthetics, etc.) Insurance, whether gov't or private, adds to the cost, especially as mandates are added and coverage expands, but the market version is certain cheaper in the long run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home