.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Computer Help

Okay all you computer genius types, old coot needs help (WELL doesn’t NEED, but would like some.)

I bought me a one terabyte external hard drive.  I have all kinds of stuff I would like to put on it, and I even know how to do some of the stuff I want to do.

What I don’t know how to do, my not be possible but I would sure like to do it.  I want to archive my blog on this hard drive-if possible, I would like to include the comments.  I made a start on doing this last year by turning all (well the first fifty or so) of my posts into Word documents and saving them in a folder.  Talk about a time taking pain in the - - -.  No archive is worth that much fiddlin around unless you can pay someone else to do it, but it seems to me that someone ought to know a way to just do some kind of a “select all” , push a button and go away for an hour or two while the computer does its job.  Possible?  I don’t know, but if it is, and someone can give me directions – Maybe.  I confess that RaDena gave me directions a couple of years ago how to put her blog on my blog list, and I tried them all and screwed it and much of the rest of the blog list up, but one major screw up does not a total catastrophe make (and what can I screw up except my new hard drive?

5 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Bob said...

This program is very helpful:

http://www.httrack.com/

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous K johnson said...

have you asked my dad

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Ed said...

I archive mine using the word document method though I do a month of posts at a time. I just go down to my archive list on my sidebar and select the month I want to archive. Using my mouse, I just click and drag to highlight the entire month and copy and paste it into a word document. It takes me about fifteen or twenty minutes to do an entire years worth of posts that way.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

That seems pretty practical. Do you get you comments that was?

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Ed said...

No I don't get the comments because in order to do that, I would have to go one post at a time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home