.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Monday, August 24, 2009

unsuccessful hypocrite

I am indeed an unsuccessful hypocrite.   I have been very critical of the cash for clunkers program.  I think it is a real strange way to subsidize an industry that is up to its ears in subsidy anyway.  

In spite of my criticism, (and in part because I own three cars that have over 160,000 miles on them. one of which is almost dead and another that is obviously thinking of dying) I decided to go car shopping Friday.

I found a car that both Jan and I loved, that was economical to drive and with a 2000 dollar rebate and 4500 dollars from the cash for clunkers we could (marginally) afford.  We didn't actually take the cars to the dealer, he wanted to check titles first.

Neither of our clunkers qualify.  I had purchased cars that were originally gas savers (not now).  In order to qualify for "cash for clunkers" your "trade in" had to have an original EPA mileage rating of 18 mpg or worse.  Both of my clunkers had original mileage ratings of 20 mpg.

Sigh!!! Hypocrisy is bad enough, unsuccessful hypocrisy is almost unforgivable.

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Susan Anderson said...

heehee

Love it.

Unsuccessful hypocrisy. Yep. That's the worst.

=D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home