.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Back Again, Back Again, Ginity Gin

I haven’t posted a word since my story of the first day on the Alaskan Cruise.  In isn’t that I have nothing to say, but I have so much I want to write about that I end up sitting at the computer and commenting on other blogs.  (Sounds Stupid, Right)

I will write some more about the cruise itself, but my plans for communication went askew a bit.  I bought me a new little Olympus Camera for the trip, and used it like mad.  I filled up about five or six gigabites with picture of little ice bergs, big glaciers, shots of the cities from the ship and shots around the ship (No whales, the only whale I saw was in the process of diving and the camera man was too slow to catch it).

When we got back to Washington, we only breathed a few times when we took a three day trip to the San Juan Islands (Of which I had never heard, but of which I took another bunch of pictures including deer, foxes, and a fawn that came up to the porch of our little cottage.)

In the mean time my laptop acquired a Trojan Horse, which required a lot of cleaning out, including changing the pass words of all my financial dealings, but which precluded a lot of writing,  We did have a wonderful time, and on the day before we were to come home, I picked up my cell phone and my camera to use while I was taking Janet for some last minute shopping.  While we were doing it, I lost my camera and all the pictures that were in it.  (If you are in the Vancouver area of Washington and found a silver Olympus camera in a little black leatherette case, if you will send me the chip inside the camera, I will send you the two CD’s and all the attachments that go with the camera.)

At any rate, we are expecting some of the grandchildren to arrive in Georgia shortly, and I probably will buy another camera.  It looks like all of my children may be in one place at the same time along with some of the grandchildren and even some great grandchildren and we will go up to the aquarium in Atlanta.  Say OOOOH and AAAAh a lot ant take some pictures and even pose a family picture while we have so many around.  I am sorting some pictures that Jan took, and will really write a little more detail about our trip.  Now that I have proven to myself that I can write a few words.   I hope to see you all soon (or at least send you some messages, I have some family member who think we died in Alaska.

3 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Norma said...

Sorry you lost your camera. Twice I lost my purse in Alaska, and it was returned to me. So much to see, so much excitement!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

Taking a camera with you and forgetting to use it is almost as bad losing a camera full of pics.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

Been there and done that too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home