.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Friday, December 28, 2007

Well, I spent some time at the computer reading blogs and commenting, but I didn't write much. I had a blessed Christmas with grown children around and Janet back (almost) to her old self and I ran around most of the time just looking at Janet and giggling about how happy I was. I gave her more "stuff" than she possibly can use but she seemed tickled about all of it.

I don't know if I will get back on line much for the next week. It is a "time share" week of long standing, and we will be at Hilton Head Island in a three bedroom condo (just the two of us, but we bought it when there were more) reading, doing water aerobics, hoping for dry weather (We spend much of our time at home hoping for wet weather) etc. I probably would like to sell this unit, when we bought it, it was always the week we would both be out of school and so would the kids, but now, barring any more immediate surgery, we are out of school all of the time, and we have a week in April when everything is beautiful. Selling a time share is harder than buying one because there are not a lot of schmucks like us who want to buy and will use them. Sellers of time-shares always want a listing fee up front and most of their income comes from the listing fee not the sales. (Pay me to sell something and when I get paid whether I sell it or not, I probably won't work as hard selling it as I did trying to get you to list it) I had a lady call me who "guaranteed " that she had customers to buy a week here, then she quoted a sale price that was only triple what the new units sell for. Wow.

Anyway, we will veg out and have a good time. I hope all your Christmases were as blessed as mine.

5 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard, I never shared this with you at the time of Janet's aortic anurism (aa)incident. I had an aquaintance whose husband was diagnosed with an aa. His was diagnosed prior to any traumatic incident. His local doctors refused to operate on him because of the risk and referred him to the University of Florida teaching hospital for surgery. He knew the risks of surgery and was aware of his potential mortality and other complications. He survived the surgery, but sadly was paralized from the waist down. He lived another year. While Janet suffered complications from her attack, I am in admiration of her team of doctors who performed amazing feats. I love hearing good news of Janets progress and her near complete recovery. I am so very happy for your family and you. I hope that 2008 is an amazing year filled with love, joy and peace.

Happy New Year from the bottom of my heart!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Miladysa said...

Happy New Year!

Look forward to reading more from you in the New Year :]

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

Kathleen told the truth. You and Janet did have a miracle. I hope you have a happy new year and as many more as you wish.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

Kathleen, I have to say (and this is not intended as a slam at our physicians0 that I really thing that we were guided to Finland to save Janet's life. The more I have listened to our doctors here, the more convinced I am of that fact. Dr Kaarne was astonishing, and some of our local doctors have told me that he was. (I don't know whether I have mentioned that Janet was having pain, and before we left she had a total physical including a heart work up and was pronounced healthy)

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

I'm just glad that you were able to afford the trip to Finland, Richard.

It's a little late, but a belated "Happy New Year" to you and your wife, and I hope this year will be a much easier one for both of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home