.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Friday, November 16, 2007



MRI

It doesn't hurt any less, but I had to do this. I went for an MRI yesterday (I ended up lying on my side on the floor in the waiting room, which gathered some attention, and I felt very proud of myself when they parked me on the table in one position where I had to stay without moving for almost an hour, and I didn't scream out loud once though I thought "scream" a lot). After it was over, they gave me a disc of the results, and I couldn't resist posting a couple of the pictures (I don't have a clue what they represent, thoughI know that one picture represents my spine and the other represents a vertebrae. I just thought it would be cool to post a couple since I don't often post pictures.

6 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Mental Meanderings said...

But did they tell you what was physically wrong with you? Knowing doctors they will wait awhile just so they can be important.

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, very impressive shots(don't know of what). Like mental though, I am wondering if there is a diagnosis. I was hoping for some relief. Geez, I am frowning and grinding my teeth.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

It appears that I have extruding discs on L5 and L4 what ever the heck they are, but I am being referred to a neuro-surgeon which sounds really fun.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Joubert said...

Get second and third opinions before letting a neuro-surgeon slice and dice you. I can't believe they didn't give you a painkiller.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Gayle said...

I agree with Patrick, Richard. Get at least one more opinion! A neuro-surgeon... yikes!

Regarding the picture, I didn't have a clue what they were until you told us. I thought you had some weird, abstract artsy-fartsy pictures posted here. LOL!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Michael Nielsen said...

I'm all for having pictures on your blog, but I wish you hadn't gone to such extremes to get these pics! ;-) Seriously, I hope that the docs figure out how to take care of your pain quickly and simply. Take care....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home