.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Thursday, December 13, 2007
































Above left is daughter's delightful house, to the right, her front yard, below left is the daughter's side yard, and right of that the back yard (she has several acres) . It was remarkable how the fall colors are strong in Columbia and 150 miles southwest where I live it is still green.

The picture at left is Meow. On "Black Friday" daughter bought herself a new mixer. Meow found the box and adopted it. Below are three other pictures of Meow, the
Basset Hound's pet (or vise-versa)

















































The darn program seems to put picture where it wants, but
beside the text is Roscoe's portrait, below that, he is guarding the flowers, below that is just a full length portrait. His full name is Roscoe P. Coltrain and he is usually called Wigglebut by his owner (or pet, as you think about it.)






















































Above you see the yard without the construction, looking across the pool into the other side. The back ten or fifteen feet of the yard is protected wetland, so it is mostly scrub oak with some rhododendrons and a vast quantity of wild grapes (yummy).



In the above pic you can see across the slab and the pool into the yard (about an acre)


Blogger decided I needed these pictures before the text rather than after. Oh well. In the above picture you can see the spot where I am preparing to pour the slab for my hot-tub (done now), and you can see the pergola that one of the sons is building for his mother.

I thought I would edit these pictures into that last post, but decided, since I am going to picture you to death to do it in a post of its own. If all goes well, I am going to show you the backyard of my new house (My oldest son says we bought an okay house with a great back yard- that we are trying to improve and will probably spoil) I will go from those to Roscoe the dog and his cat Meow (I never could get a picture of them fighting. When they saw me get the camera, they quite fighting and posed). and from that to my daughter's house and yard

6 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

Roscoe is a cute pooch and your yard is wonderful. I'm envious of the pool. I'd love to have one to swim in but it seldom gets hot enough here for an outdoor pool and I'm not rich enough to build an indoor heated pool and it's far too chilly at night even in summer for an outdoor hot tub.

I'm glad you have such comforts and I hope you enjoy them to the fullest.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

I have learned one thing Robert, it is never too chilly outdoors for an outdoor hot tub. My sister an her husband use theirs in Idaho at Christmas in the snow. (You got your comment in before I even had all of the pictures arranged--I don't think I will ever figure out the blogger picture system)

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What adorable pets. Roscoe is especially dashing. Your backyard is really nice. Hope you are in the hot tub soon. They work wonders on aching bodies. I am particularly fond of pergulas. I have one myself that is covered with grapes.

Good to have you back!

Merry Christmas, Richard.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

Your daughter's house is charming. It looks just like on eof my rental houses which I would live in if I were single. Meow is sweet as cats go.

As for the layout and design of pictures - do you know how to use the Blogger "compose" mode? If not email me and we'll go over it.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

PS that's the second time you've called me Robert. I don't mind because I've actually forgotten my own name twice and I know it's not who I really am anyway but I'm still curious as to why. Do I look like the Bruce?

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

Patrick, If I thought the excuse would hold I would say that senility transfers names with abandon, but I have to be (at least a little) honest. I have had trouble with names almost from the beginning. I have six children. At one time in their upbringing I got so frustrated with addressing one by another one's name that for five or six years, at times of stress, I called them all "Fred". When I yelled !!Fred!! the nearest one usually answered and if he/she found out it was another that was being paged he/she would run get the "guilty" party.

This became enough of a pattern that at least three of my kids, including the youngest daughter, had sweatshirts with the name Phred
across the back or front. Youngest daughter answered to the name so habitually that she went through much of her college career ( a college a long way from home) being called Phred by her friends. We still have long distance calls occasionally that ask for "Phred"

I will probably send you an email asking about blogger compose, though I may (probably in futility) try once more to work it out by myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home