.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

About the resurrection

Mini-apology. I am not about to delete it, but in my somewhat diminished mental situation, I didn't realize that the post about the car adventure was very nearly a novel. For anyone on dial-up it must have taken an age just to load. I will try to be more succinct in the future.

Janet and I are sick to death of unpacking, going back to the old house and getting stuff that was left behind (lots), etc., so we are leaving town to go out to Washougal Washington to play with some of our grandkids (and see them in a play) so we are leaving this mess behind and hopefully getting a couple of our kids to sort some of it out while we are gone. Later we have to get down to Florida to see the rest of our grandkids (and great grandkids). Our departure time for this trip was determined by a really inexpensive fourth/fifth of July flight. (Must be a really slow season.)

I spent most of the last couple of days cleaning out the pool and arranging for it to be taken care of in our absence (six weeks?) We were paddling around in the pool this morning when I told my sweetheart that if she decided to have an affair with the pool boy I wouldn't object. Is a snicker and an eye roll an affirmative answer?

I will try to write a more thoughtful post on the plane (or take a nap). We talked about driving and our children rose up in rebellion. I think the quote was something like "You are not taking our mother on a 2700 mile automobile trip. She is not ready for that." I guess we will find out if she's ready for a 2700 mile airplane trip. (or if I am). At least I should be able to think of something to write about after a little rest. Fortunately my son in Washington always arranges easy computer access.

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Gayle said...

An affair with the pool boy! LOL!

Happy Independence Day! Here's hoping you have a great one.

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 4th, Richard. You should consider a pool girl. LOL

Have a wonderful holiday with the family and I hope you come home to find the moving is done and there are cookies in the oven!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Thotman said...

well I do hope your flight was pleasant, and that you enjoy everything on your adventure. Thank you for your continual efforts to make sense of my ramblings, and your assistance in making them readable. I thot the eye roll was perfect... have fun and keep'm thinkin'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home