.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Well, we closed on the house this morning. Will post some pics of the old and new sometime this week. Spent three hours signing papers. I'm glad I trust my attorney, this stuff gets harder the older you get. Now, I look around the old house in what passes pretty well for despair. How in the h## are we ever going to get all this stuff out of here and into there. I was muttering to my realtor (who has been in my house a bit) and she said "Take things gradually over to the new house and arrange them the way they make you feel good. Just leave anything that doesn't fit and hold a helluva yard or moving sale--- And call me in time that I can come shopping before the crowds get here." My daughter came over on the weekend, while we were in Gatlinburg, to pack stuff. She spent two whole days just packing the stuff in the china closets.

Today we moved a wicker furniture set over just so that, when we are over there, we will have a place to sit. My kids are all hoping that the sale of our house will go through ( after a somewhat doubtful zoning change) because the new owners want to tear the place down, and the kids want to pillage the wood-fire fireplace insert, the free standing wood stove, the chandeliers, the fireplace mantle, the rough hewn cyprus shelves, etc. I am hoping it will go through so that it will make all the paper signing this morning be worthwhile.

3 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Michael Nielsen said...

Congratulations! I'm glad that the papers are signed, and I keep my fingers crossed that the old house sells.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

I don't envy you. The next time I move is in a coffin. I still haven't unpacked all my boxes from my last move 3 and a half years ago.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Gayle said...

I haven't unpacked all our stuff either, and we moved 10 years ago! This doesn't sound like any fun at all. Here's hoping you have good luck selling your house, Richard.

Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home