.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Well, as far as I can tell, all the proper documents have been signed, enough stuff has been packed to make our home a real mess, so tomorrow morning I am off to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, where I will pig out for three days on Southern Gospel Music (a real serious passion of mine) with Bill Gaither and the Homecoming crew. My wife bought me the tickets last year for our anniversary and this week I get to use them. I love jazz, especially really cool jazz and be bop), really love show tunes (especially the older ones), play classical music a lot and was in early adulthood when I became part of the rock generation,( though I have never been able to get deeply into heavy metal) and I enjoy a lot of country music (though I hate whiny blondes). I can't seem to get beyond the beat of hip hop, I can dance to it, but I can't listen to it. But, I am seriously addicted to Southern Gospel, from George Younce to the Gaither Vocal band. (Now all my dark secrets are revealed). When I am properly prepared by the music, I return here to close on my loan May 31.
(Then I have to get seriously into moving, Yuck). I am not sure whether I will have access to the web in Gatlinburg. If not, I'll see you in a week. (If I do have access, I may try to figure out how to post some of my "tunes", like Take My Hand, Help Me Stand, Where no one stands alone, or When I Lay My Burdens Down. If that drove everyone away I would go back to Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughn or Dave Brubeck (Maybe, Jazz at Oberlin).
Of course you're all safe, I will never get music posted here, it's all I can do to get the occasional picture. See you next week if not sooner.

1 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Blogger Joubert said...

You sound pretty relaxed for someone who is moving. Eventhough I'm a heathen, I also love Gospel. Actually I love choirs and all religious choral music - even more than opera and old show tunes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home