.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Janet is out of ICU which is a mixed blessing, she got more attention in ICU, which benefited her. She is getting physically stronger all the time though the stroke has left her with some degree of confusion that is sporadic. We hope to leave for home in November. It would be more fun if any of our insurance seemed to be doing much to help. When you travel overseas, even for a little while, get Med X or a similar travel health package. Our latest quote on the trip home was about 9000 Euros on British Air. (Jan, traveling as a stretcher patient). She may be able to travel by wheelchair by then, which would be a lot better. I am going to start posting some stuff about the trip, more generally, but Jan is never really out of the picture.

4 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Glad to here Janet is continuing to improve. Take your time and don't worry about us. We all understand.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

I'm glad to hear that Janet is recovering. This will be a wonderful Thanksgiving for you and your family.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I never heard about MedX! Anyway, good tip and I'm sorry that it had to be earned through such a bad experience. I'm amazed that airlines don't give such cases a free berth!

I'm glad that Jan's doing better. You remain in my prayers.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

I'm so happpy to hear this, Richard. God is good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home