.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Mini Rant
I really hate My Space. It has all kinds of things said about it, none of which affect me, but three of my favorite blogs are in My Space (Including Thotman, whom I recommend highly, especially to anyone who likes the Three-Score blog), and for some damn reason, they have changed their system, and they won't let me post comments. I sign in properly, write the comment, and when I push the "add" button some little pixel or byte, or bit in that program just snickers evilly, for it knows that it has enraged me again.

Not a rant, but an observation, Ann Richards of Texas has passed away. I didn't agree with her on much of anything, but old coots respect other old coots (or cootesses, or biddies -see, Miladysa, I pay attention) and she was nothing if not a genuine coot. I'll miss her. I'll even miss how mad she made me occasionally, and her line at the Democratic Convention, "Poor George Bush,(she was speaking of HW) he was born with a silver foot in his mouth" will stand as an example of convention rhetoric at its best forever.

4 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Thotman said...

Richard to leave a comment on MSN SPACES ...(rather than "my space") you need to hit BLOG and read and post comments from there...from many main pages you cant leave comments...I had that problem here on blogger with a comment I tried to leave...and discovered that I had to preview it first or it went into the unknown..if I previewed it...no problem...try going to "blog" in the upperleft of my home page and reading and commenting from that angle

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

I'll try anything once. (sometimes twice, sometimes--- Oh my heck.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

I don't know anything about My Space, Richard, but I do know a bit about Ann Richards. After all, I live in Texas. I actually liked her! I just didn't like her politics. To know her in person would have been a treat. She was indeed a hoot. :)

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

09 18 6

She had Moxie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home