.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Friday, October 13, 2006

Just the latest thing on Johnson Finland activities. Dear wife is still unconscious. Her surgeries were on October 3, but she has not yet recovered consciousness. She is nearing it with rem movement under closed lids and a lot of mouth movement. She had a coughing spell today, which the nurse tells me is good, because it indicates feeling sensation, but a CT scan today also inidicates the possibility of a small stroke. My daughter came over Monday to see her mother. I just pray that her mother is awake before she returns home on Monday.

I have been trying to finish the travelog up to the illness, but my heart isn't in it. When I drop completely out of sight it will be a good sign because when Janet gets out of the hospital I will move to a different house where I won't have internet access. I haven't followed any of my friend's blogs, as I said, my heart isn't really in it. Thanks for the good messages.

12 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Thotman said...

Richard, Even if your heart is not in it...at least come leave a few lines to keep us informed about Janet...and how YOU are doing...

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

I understand why your heart isn't in it. I know I would feel the same way. I want you to know that she is in my prayers every night.

I pray that I will one day click on here and find out that she has recovered fully. God bless you during this difficult time, and sincere prayers for you wife's full recovery.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

Just so you know, I am going to post a bit about this on my Sunday post and ask for people to include your wife in their prayers.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Joubert said...

I am still praying for both of you.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger atheling2 said...

Praying for your wife, please let us know how she is doing.

God Bless!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger lilfeathers2000 said...

You have our prayers. God will take care of you and your wife.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Michael Nielsen said...

Dick, you are in my thoughts. Let us know periodically how Jan is doing. Take care.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

10 15 06

Oh Richard:
I didn't realize your wife was still unconscious. We are praying for you and I hope you all get through this and that God grants you and your wife the strength necessary. Although we will miss your witty writing and point of view, we all understand that offline life is the most important.

I feel the same way as Gayle. I will still check up on you here to see if you give us a progress report. God bless you and your family.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Dionne said...

I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. I am praying for you and your wife and family.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Always On Watch said...

Gayle posted information about your terrible predicament. Of course, I don't know you (or even your blog), but I'll offer up prayers.

Stay strong!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Ed said...

You are both still in our daily prayers.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I am so sorry hon. I'm praying for you. Hang in there. Your kids need you to. So, get lots of rest, eat well, keep hydrated, and try to diffuse the stress through prayer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home