.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Monday, October 16, 2006

Things are getting better. Jan is conscious now, and has had the breathing tubes and stuff like that removed. We found that she had had a small stroke in between all the other stuff, but she is coherent, moves all her limbs etc. I got to feed her today. She had juice, four or five spoonfuls of soup, some energy drink and turned to me and whispered(that is all she can do) I need a coke.
The nurse let me go upstairs and buy a pepsi(that's all they had) and she drank over half of it.
I am still concerned, but not high as a kite. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers.

9 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

10 16 06

Yeaaaaaaaaaa Richard! Thank God Janet is better. Thanks for keeping us informed about her progress as well. Cool. I cannot wait for you all to get home safe and sound. Although she had a serious battle she pushed through. God bless both of you!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Michael Nielsen said...

Wonderful news! This is much more hopeful. I hope that her health continues to improve, and that you find a way to relax with her outside of the hospital before you come home to Statesboro.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Thotman said...

what can I say...much better news...I have been with you in thots and prayers...I think some things do turn out as we want. keep us posted...sometimes a pepsi works..

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Excellent! I continue to pray for a full recovery.

When Janet is fully recovered and back home, maybe you should consider doing a testimonial for either coke or pepsi. I'm sure you could create a good angle for either one.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Thank God.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Stephalupogus said...

EXCELLENT! Glad to know Janet is on the road to recovery and you are doing all right.

Keep it that way, OK?

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Norma said...

I stopped by to see how the Finald trip was going and was shocked to read the news of Jan's condition. I pray she'll continue to improve. Log a bit when you are able.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Thotman said...

just checkin' in...

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

I'm extremely relieved, Richard. Please do blog a bit when you get a chance. I hope Janet is back to her normal self really soon.

God Bless both of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home