.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Friday, September 24, 2010

ANNIVERSARY

The writer of one of my favorite blogs http://riverbendjournal.blogspot.com/ Ed Abbey wrote, a couple of days ago about his six anniversary as a blogger, and kindly went back to each of those years and left a typical blog of the period.

This aroused my curiosity so I went back to the archives to see when I started blogging.  It happened to be in August just five years ago.  I then plowed through my old blogs to see if there were samples I should leave, but I seem to have no sequential sense to what I wrote.  I cited my memoirs a lot, had a brief period of revealing some of the stupid teen age tricks in which I was involved and apologized often about not blogging more often (if the blogspot tracker is correct I go in almost 500 posts in five years, so I averaged over one a week)   I have enough “organ recitals” that it is a wonder that Janet and I are still around.  I let my native conservative politics bleed through more often than I thought I had and picked up some fairly consistent readers for the first four years.   I have lost a lot of those since I got really spastic about posting.

I had  wonderful time learning from others and almost went into mourning when bloggers like Saurkraut and Gayle went into  hiding.

Anyway I don’t intend to copy samples of old posts in this post. My semi-computer-literacy would keep me here for a day or two.  My sincere thanks to those who have taken the time to read what I have written and even more to those who have written what I have read.

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Ed said...

I often don't see any rhyme or reason to my posting patterns either. I just write whatever comes to mind.

I've been mourning Saurblog's demise. I don't get into many political discussions anymore.

Congrats on five years. Hopefully you'll be around for another five years of blogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home