.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Friday, May 28, 2010

I Hate Dish Network Part two

I have done this before, but I keep having reminders.  When I mutter about the Dish Network, friends ask me why I haven’t changed back to cable or signed up with Direct TV or Hughes network or whatever.  Actually the only thing that keeps me sending money to Dish every month is one particular channel from the mountain west that is not available from those sources (I’m actually not sure of Hughesnet, because I haven seen a listing.)

Otherwise Dish has been a pain forever.  The last time I complained about Dish, some Dish representative came onto my comment page to repeat a couple of times that if I would just turn the receiver off  (or unplug it) for a couple of minutes the receiver would reset and all would be well, and that works for some things but my system has problems you never heard of. 

Probably the most irritating is losing the satellite (at least an hour a day), but, I have only one receiver for two TVs .  Explain to me if you can, how I can be watching a program in one room, walk to the other room and the program is unavailable because it has lost the satellite.  Only one receiver and it loses “half” a satellite.Mark Twain once said that there are lies, damn lies , and statistics.   My version of this is that there are lies, damn lies and Dish commercials. 

I shudder a bit at Direct TV commercials as well.   I  tend to doubt any commercial that advertises over ninety percent contact with the satellite.  My GPS doesn’t make that kind of a record.  I think I’ll quit whining, and either quit Dish or quit complaining.  The other post seemed both accurate and entertaining.  This one just seems like whining.

2 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

We don't have too many complaints about Dish but our Wild Blue Internet satellite goes down at least once a day for an hour or so.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Ed said...

I'm lucky and have fiber optic to my house so everything, phone, internet and television comes in on that thing at ludicrous speeds and has never gone down once. If I ever move and have to give it up, I'm going to realize how good I've had it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home