.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Im BAAAAACK

I’m BAAAAACK!!!

Well I’m back for a few moments.  I spent the last week at Hilton Head Island in a time share that we own. (somewhere in my archives I have a post that tells you more than anyone wants to know about the good and bad aspects of time share).  We really would prefer to rent this one out.  Our time in it is during Heritage (Harbor Town, Verizon etc.,) golf tournament week and it is usually rentable, but not this time, so we went to use it rather than let it sit empty.  The unit has three bedrooms, three baths (with two Jacuzzis)  a heated swim pool a hundred yards away (over a lagoon bridge, lagoon has seven alligators and lots of mooching turtles) and an unheated pool (cold in the morning, good in the afternoon) with a hot tub, just downstairs.  Talk about overkill.  Two seventyish arthritics wandering around all that space. (I intended to take pictures, but like most of my good intentions- - - - -)  We had a good time, did an hour of water aerobics every morning in  the heated pool, ate at some good restaurants,  did not watch golf (We are both too crippled up for golf, which is too bad because the unit includes free green fees for four for four days), shopped at some outlet stores (I went insane and bought five pairs of Eddie Bauer slacks for 12.99 each- - but they were fifty and sixty dollar pants,  now Janet is haunting me to throw away every thing else in my closet).   I don’t have HBO at home and discovered that I don’t miss it.  Most of what I saw on HBO was the same treacle I see on regular cable with the insertion of a lot of “F” words into really strange parts of the dialogue (there must be a rule that there be so many per hour).  I discovered that if I had taken my laptop, they have a new internet center that I could have used but----Oh Well.

I will leave on Tuesday morning for Washington State where three of my grandchildren have roles in MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM.  We couldn’t miss that.  At least I have internet access (my son is a computer type for Sharp Electronics, and if it (computer stuff) exists, and he doesn’t have it, it is an oversight.)

Regarding bastard socks, it is still my contention that the other socks “cohabit” in either the washer or dryer, and that the singles are offspring.  The reason they look familiar is that you have been wearing one or the other of the parents, so they seem familiar.  Well I have got to finish my taxes so that I can leave Tuesday.  See ya in a couple of days.  Thotman has a post up right now that might irritate those of you who think the country is going down the tubes, but I found it interesting and enlightening.  I don’t ever successfully make links within the post, but there is a link at right.

4 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

04 16 06

Hey Richard!!! Glad you are back and had a good time! And too bad about the golfing, but water aerobics is so good for you! We need to rest and rejuvenate every so often and it sounds like you rest and get to moving with your various projects. Cool! And Congrats on your grandkids that will be in the play! Midsummer's Night Dream was one of the first plays that my middle sister played in. She was in the Shakespeare Festival a few years back in Oakland. But I am sure you have been involved in your fair share of those things. I always am amazed at the power and energy of actors and performers in general. They look at the world differently.

Regarding the bastard socks, well you are right. I came across a couple the other day in a drawer, and one of their mates was in the laundry room. Go figure that I cannot find the other sockmate anywhere!

Well you are living a busy life, so enjoy your tax preparation and have a nice week:)

BTW: Thanks for commenting on that sicko psycho post. I hated posting it, but HAD to do so. It turns out one of the sites has been taken down too! Cool!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Sounds like the grandkids take after grandpa! Enjoy them! Glad to hear you had a fun and relaxing vacation.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Joubert said...

Sounds like my kind of vacation. I agree about HBO and all those pay channels - SOS - which is why I don't get them.

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, some nice digs for a vacation.

Grandkids in Midsummer's Night Dream. A chip off the old block! Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home