.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

WELL, IT MIGHT NOT BE DONE

Things get confusinger and confusinger (I know that should be "more confusing", I am being cute). I first heard from a variety of sources that DPW is having some problems finding "an American entity to take over the port terminals in question. I mentioned when this stuff first started that a Singapore entity had outbid DPW for the British assets, but discovered that this only included the assets that were NOT in the U.S. Now, this morning, I am surfing the Neil Boortz webpage, having been sent there by Patrick the Born Again Redneck and discovered that, according to an article in WORLD NET DAILY, a subsidiary of DPW is a fifty per-cent owner of Port of Miami Terminal Operations Company, and has been for quite awhile, and that this ownership, which existed before the infamous "Ports Deal" is not considered a part of the deal. (I am sorry this doesn't include links, but, as noted before, I am computer semi-literate.)

I am still embarassed at the attitude of obvious bias that has permeated both the newsmedia and much of our country about this entire matter, but now I am both embarrassed and confused.

3 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Thotman said...

the fact is the deal should have been done with some additional safeguards...I am so sick of politics being what makes the decisions for us that I get sick to my stomach...you know If I were the leaders in the emerates, I would cancel the boeing contract worth 9 billion and buy airbus...americans (especially their congressional leaders) want their money and their bases and their cooperation in the war on terror, but they dont want them doing business here...surely tho if the boeing contract is lost...the demos and jump ship republicans who are distancing themselves from the president will blame him for the increased unemployment...our congressional reps and our senators are pathetic...there isnt a leader among them...and the more I read about bush...the more I like his refusal to be lead around by the media weilding the latest bush approval polls...

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Joubert said...

We live in confusing times.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

50% ain't 51%.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home