.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Summation and introduction

Summation and introduction.

I have been thinking about this blog, without writing much for about a week.  I have decided that I have gone “off message”.  I called the blog  Three Score and Ten or more because I thought that some folks might be interested in 1. What it feels like to be seventy plus years old and what kind adventures await those approaching Coothood.
2. Reflections on what the world was like  when I was younger, and therefore what kind of things made me the way I am.  

I have let thoughts about modern politics get in the way of that objective.  I am going to try to carry you through parts of my youth, through people that affected me and whom I affected, through some of the many jobs I have had (I think that Patrick is about the only one I know who has been through more professions than I) and generally how the old world stacks up against the new.  

I have a couple of other mini-mantras to bring out, but right now I have got to leave home for a few days to try to paint and fix up a house so that it can be “moved into”.   I will try not to tell the same story twice (but I won’t guarantee it) and I am going to make a real effort not to shift into rant mode when I get back.

7 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

03 22 06

Hey Richard:
Glad to know you are going to show us some of your thoughts and not as much politics stuff. I had to get back to the physics because I too, was getting caught up in the politics. And it is necessary to discuss these issues from time to time, but other aspects show the diversity of your character and I am happy you are willing to share them. I think you have one of the most interesting blogs out there, so please keep it up. Warm Regards and have a good time painting;)

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait. I like the stories the best.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

Yay! Most of us run blogs almost exclusively about politics, although once-in-awhile we post about other things. It is nice to have some places to go for a refreshing break. We'll be looking forward to you getting back. Blessings! :)

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Whatever you choose to talk about is of interest to me.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

Richard, I too started my blog mostly to tell stories and ended up with politics - mostly because of the interaction I've had with other bloggers. But occassionally it gets too heavy and it has actually taken me away from the kind of writing I set out to do. So, I understand.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

Patrick, some of your South Africa stories were so moving that I have saved them in a little collection for future rereads.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

Gosh, Richard, you're the only one who ever even read them. I'll read your new post in the morning because it's way past my bedtime already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home