.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Saturday, October 16, 2010

So Maybe I Don’t Hate Dish Network

I have had three separate rants on here about how much I hate and hated Dish Network.   I had called them several times both locally and at the national number and found nothing but frustration, missed programming, forty percent of the channels on Lost Satellite status.

I called them again the other day, to ask if there was any possibility that I could take part in their promotion advertising High Def free for life and all kinds of less expensive things.

They told me NO.  My response was to ask them if they could do anything to make me change my mind about moving to Direct Cable.

Finally they decided, at their expense to send out a service rep and I agreed, if he could make it work, to keep the Dish.

He showed up from out of town, the same day I called.  He worked in the house from forenoon till about 7:00 PM.  Everthing in the house must have been miswired, but when he left, IT WORKS.  All the channels come in, the reception is so good I don’t feel that romantic about Hi Def.  I wish I had screamed louder earlier, but this guy was terrific.   Hey DISH, I don’t take it all back, because it was true and I was enraged, but I don’t hate Dish Network anymore.    I hope it lasts.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Never got into the dish thing. In fact, I had cable for a few years and then gave it up. I find I get more done with fewer channels received. Of course when I get up above three score and ten, I'm sure things will change but by then, we'll probably get the images beamed right to our brains and skip the whole dish thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home