.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

MINI SCAM ALERT

 

I received a phone call yesterday from a "recording" from the  "Card Service Department" offering to  reduce my interest to five or six percent if I would press "4" (or some number to talk to a live operator.  I did so and the live operator came on and asked me for my First and Last name.  I said that I would give it but that I hadn't heard  the identification of which credit card he represented.  He repeated "May I have your first and last name".  I repeated "May I have the name of the company that you represent."  He cut me off summarily.  I checked around and this is one of the newer and most successful Identity theft scams.  I just thought I would mention it.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

Went to a birthday party (for someone younger than I, but approaching Coothood) and of the ten guests present seven had received phone calls from "Rachel" at cardmember services.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Joubert said...

I haven't got that call yet but I get similar ones regularly. The scammers seem to be getting bolder and sleazier everyday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home