.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Friday, August 02, 2013

Stuff and Nonsense

I felt that if I don’t get back here a little, even my relatives will quit looking for me.  I have had a wonderful and also a difficult month with great joy and a lot of frustrationl

I have developed something called a venous ulcer.  The most frustrating thing about it is that I can’t get it wet, so I can;t do water aerobics, and I have a hunch that without the water exercise, I am going to melt in a puddle.  That’s not why I wrote about the ulcer.  I wrote about it to tell you about a real experience that will make a different person of you.  If you get frustrated, depressed and worried about hanging on, you should follow my shoes for a few days.

This    “venous ulcer” which hasn’t been a great personal trial (except maybe for Janet) but they tell me that without treatment, it is a good way to lose a leg, and I have been having to patronize a wound clinic at the hospital.  (I never knew such places existed, I thought that the whole hospital was a “wound clinic.  I have had a quadruple bypass, sat in ICU both as a patient and a visitor, etc.  But the wound clinic is for wounds that don’t heal easily.  Sit in that waiting room for an hour and you will be acquainted with  folks who REALLY have difficulties.  There are open wounds that have to be treated in a hypobaric chamber, and other injuries that have persisted for months, with intense treatment two or three times a week at two or three hours per treatment.  After four trips to the waiting room, I am never going to whine again.  I may talk about a physical problem so that people can share an experience, but no more complaining of any kind.    I used to take my students to Nursing homes to perform puppet shows and cheer up the people, and invariably the patients would cheer us up.  I am just going to pray for the people in the wound clinic.   I don’t think I am man enough to work there and I have such respect for the nurses and doctors who do.

6 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Davoh said...

Yer, whatever. Nice t see ya plugging along.

(PS, 836 is not a word .... shrugs).

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Davoh said...

Yer, whatever. Nice t see ya plugging along.

(PS, 836 is not a word .... shrugs).

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Davoh said...

Wot?? Ancient Bluggle is giving me several options - erk ????

Will try to decipher "the comment access code" - yet again.

Um, on the lefthand side - a dark quadrangle - is the relatively tiny white patch in the upper left hand (sinister) corner - relevant? Perhaps not. So; is, or are - portends the misty patches on the dexter eighth of the dark patch?

Dunno yet, perhaps self may, or not, comprehend the 'codes'. O, Lookee!!!

Cyphers that can understand -
eceofu

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Kathleen said...

Here's hoping you have graduated from the wound care clinic. That is a difficult place to be.

 
At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Homer said...

This is gorgeous!

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous kathleen said...

Here is hoping you are better and out visiting wonderful places and seeing wonderful things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home