.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Friday, May 25, 2012

Hangin in, but just.

I am sick of posts that are whiny,  but I have real trouble not doing it.  I began this blog years ago with the idea of tracing the aging process as it gets into the seventies  (three score and ten or more, you know), and I shouldn’t have anything to complain about.   I have adequate finances for my needs (not for all of my “wants”, but ???)  I have a wonderful wife who loves me, and has a lot more cause to complain than I,   I have wonderful children who worry appropriately about me, but don’t stick their noses in  when not asked.   

I went through a real lousy sick time for the past two or three weeks, and I cant even legitimately name anything that I am sick about except that I can’t seem to successfully do anything but sleep.    I don’t’ have the energy or strength to do anything.   Just sitting to post this is a chore, when for years it has been a real pleasure to try to give my point of view.   For those few readers who have followed me through the doldrums of this last year, don’t completely give up on me.   If I reach the real end of my string, I will post the tag end of it.  I wish I were fighting some terrible illness so I could get  angry and fight it, but I am just decay8ing a bit. 

I justified the lack of posts in this blog by reminding myself that I am posting on facebook regularly.  Now, all I do on facebook is read the adventures of old friends (and occasionally get angry at their politics.

Any way, I will try to do better.  (My spoken vocabulary has gone to pot.  I think that if the anglo-saxons hadn’t come up with a four letter word for animal excrement, I wouldn’t have a speaking vocabulary at all.

2 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger Davoh said...

heh .. luv ya, so far.
Cheers,
D

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Kathleen said...

Glad you have decided to continue your blog. I love reading your stories. Here's to you feeling better and getting your eyes back. I look forward to the next episode.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home