.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Friday, August 11, 2006

Well I have finished all the doctoring junk for the week and am going to my daughter's where I will swim in her pool, loaf on her couch and probably end up doing carpenter work somewhere, but I am leaving for four or five days, leaving second son in the house to take a bunch of my junk and hold a yard sale. (We looked at another house this week, but it is smaller and requires the thinning out of the pack-rat stuff we have collected over the years.)
I do want to tag
Saurkraut and
Norma (Collecting my thoughts) with the tag below. (As a passionate librarian, she probably began this tag- Wouldn't that be charming to return to sender)
I really need to tag Mahndisa too. She writes so beautifully, but recently she has been on these Physics tears, and I can't wrap my sluggish old brain around it all. Get her to change the subject for one post.

See ya next week.

2 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

08 14 06

Hey Richard:
Thanks! I hope you are enjoying yourself. And I will write about other stuff too. My Grandma Jo just passed away and that has me reeling a bit. I think that I should use this as an opportunity to say hey to those I care about and appreciate. That means you! Have a good week and perhaps by Wednesday, I will have another type of article.

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

One book that changed your life:

"Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis. I can't escape this one. Now, if we're allowing The Bible (and I don't truly consider it a "book" in some ways - it's more like a reference guide) then I'd add The Bible to that, as well.

One book you’ve read more than once.

All of the Narnia series by C.S. Lewis. But, like you, I have some great faves that I re-read when I can. Some examples include the Foundation series by Asimov, the Sherlock Holmes stories and anything by Agatha Christie. Oh boy. There are so many more. Now that I'm thinking about it, I could go on forever!

One book you would want on a desert island.

The Bible. If I'm allowed another one, I'd like a complicated one that would engage my thoughts and keep me from going totally psycho by myself; such as a book on the Trachtenberg math system (developed by a man in a Nazi concentration camp to stave off the craziness).

One book that made you laugh.

Anything by Dave Barry or any Bloom County book!

One book that made you cry.

"The Good Earth" by Pearl S. Buck. Or "All's Quiet on the Western Front".

One book you wish you had written:

Anything by Dave Barry!

One book that you wish had never been written:

Anything by Al Gore!

One book that you are currently reading:

Some garbagy book about a haunted hotel. It was completely retarded and kept me up half the night.

One book you’ve been meaning to read.:

Thye Life of Pi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home