.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Monday, January 30, 2006

The New York Times/Opinion as Fact

The New York Times /Opinion for Facts.

Wow, two posts in two days, will wonders never cease. I had to post this, even though it will be a shorty. This morning, as I was wandering in the bedroom after my early morning water aerobics session (wonderful), I turned on the TV. It was on ABC, the VIEW (which isn’t my favorite program) and Barbara Walters was having a hissy fit about the New York Times. It seems that, with the wounding of one of ABC’s co-anchors (Bob Woodruff) in Iraq, the Times did what it usually does (can you tell that the TIMES is not my favorite paper?) and, in some way denigrated Woodruff for being an anchor, out doing what real journalists should be doing. (I haven’t read the times yet, even my Email “shorty”version hasn’t arrived ) I always smile when nationally known journalists, who are liberal to the core, pick on the TIMES/

My electronic edition of the TIMEs came in, and Barbara Walters was really angry about the TIMES commentary on the possible fate of ABC news, but it was still a lot of fact/opinion conclusion.

3 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The NY Times . . . Grrrrrrrr. I agree.

I don't know about you, but the ABC co-anchor and cameraman getting injured is valid news. I don't have a problem with it and I reject the notion that our regular soldiers not getting such coverage is a sign of bias against them.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

Barbara wasn't objecting to telling what happened, what she ogjected to was the judgment about ABC that went along with it. Dang, I wish I could give you a link.

 
At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was refering to another spin I heard on talk radio. It was that Woodruff was getting so much attention and that our soldiers were not given such media exposure/attention. I think that is out of line. This is a legitimate news story. Sorry for not making myself clear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home