.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Whine!!!
I don't like to whine (yes I do, I'm afraid this blog, taken as a whole, proves it, but I don't like to admit it), but last night I posted an article named Christmas Ham which I toyed with, fiddled with, and searched my heart about. After I had finished it, I toured my usual blogs, finding that Patrick had tagged me, so I posted a second "thing", confessing to my various wierdnesses (at least those I was willing to go public about.) I can't help getting the feeling that those who read the Tagged post thought that they had already read everything that preceded it. If you are one of the two or three who follow this blog, and you didn't read Christmas Ham, do it. I think it has something useful to say. If you have already read it, consider this a useless whine.

3 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, Blogger Ed said...

I actually read it first as I have a habit of scrolling down to the last read post and the reading back "up" in chronalogical order.

As someone who has been blogging for awhile, I have found that if you want people to comment, the post needs to be on a topic that people can add too, a provocative one, or one that asks questions. The post about the ham was excellent and I greatly enjoyed it as I do all your posts, but it didn't fall into any of those categories for me, hence I didn't comment.

Most of my blogging entries that contain stories of my past adventures receive very few if any comments compared to ones that I write about current events the world and my life. People are most definitely are reading them as statcounters can tell you, just not commenting.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

Actually, it wasn't the lack of comment, but, if I read the stat counter correctly, the lack of readership. As far as the way you read blogs, that's a great idea. I tend to start at the top, then have to go down to trace the threads. (what can I say, seventy years of starting on the front page of books?)

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Thotman said...

I think its the ten passwords and six guesses about ed kennedy's weight and the four or five irus scans that keep people from posting a comment here...its certainly not a friendly place to respond to what I read...but then hey maybe spaces isnt either if your not a blogger there..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home