.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Friday, October 21, 2005

New 70 + Deal

Over on my I. D. I list myself as an Actor, Director, Puppeteer, etc. Now, I consistently continue to make and perform with puppets, to either direct or teach directing, and even to teach acting, but this week I got myself into a situation where I am going to play the part of Scrooge in a local production of A Christmas Carol, on a live stage, in front of a live audience. I haven't acted in fifteen years (without a puppet in front of or above me.) I am going to act in a full length play, and I not only have not memorized lines in a looong time (I won't explain about puppets). This old coot is faced with memorizing an entire play, and I am lucky if I remember my own name three times in a row. People are going to actually pay to come in and see me speak the lines.

SH#@, D*%&, What is there about incipient senility that allows folks (especially me) get into situations that are going to eliminate sleep, get what's left of my nails chewed off and humiliate myself as well as one of my old colleagues who will be directing this thing. (What am I worried about him for? He cast me in this thing.) I better find something political to write about.
Mumble, mumble, mumble.

2 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger exMI said...

Good luck! If all else fails, improvise!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Yes! Exmi's right. Improv=actor's best friend. I've done it myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home