.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Thursday, September 15, 2005

I spent much of the last two days in South Carolina visiting my daughter who works up there as field biologist. She has been negotiating to buy a house and I wanted to look through it for awhile since it is an old place and has some need of repair. I gimped around the old house in my "moon boot" (the result of previously discussed surgery), took my wife and daughter out to dinner in a really nice place, watched a video of Tuesday night's THE GILLMORE GIRLS (yes, I am a fan-- - sigh) and came home to about five hundred e-mails (not counting spam). The last two days must have created an email epidemic. As a shuffled through these a friend from Finland sent me a URL for a blog message that had me in tears. It is the kind of message that frequently gets SNOPED out as urban myth, but I don't give a hoot. Read it. If is isn't true, it is the kind of thing that damn well ought to be true, and I, for one, would be honored to meet the author, even if I thought it was fiction. URL

http://lonestar-mvpa.org/events/2005/05_Katrina.htm

If you don't agree, don't read it, but I found it completely compelling. It has probably been published on all the blogs but mine already. Tough

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home