.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It is almost here

I have been moping sentimentally around the house all day until Janet has given up trying to decide to giggle or to scream but the time is almost here.  We were married Thursday, November 13, 1958, and in 39 minutes by my computer clock it will be Thursday November 13, 2008, and some time tomorrow we will have been married fifty years.

That is a hard thing really to realize.  We are not holding some big celebration,, although they did that at the church for several of us a little while ago.  We are going to drive up to Columbia S.C. to our daughter's home where we will stay tomorrow night, they go to the South Carolina Craft fair  on Friday.   Big Honkin Golden Wedding Huh?

It is for us.

I am printing a montage that Janet did for her high school fiftieth reuinion a few years ago.  It has a series of pictures of her, one each for the fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties, nineties and up to the first decade of the current century, with a bunch of our kids, grandkids etc., surrounding her.  Oh, I am so grateful that this woman decided to settle for me.

Janet and family

5 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

That's incredible. Saying congratulations just doesn't seem to be quite enough but what else can I say? I'm sure you already know that you are blessed.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Norma said...

Where's the fuzzy face guy in the montage?

Congratulations--we're right behind you at 48.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Congratulations, I agreed, just isn't enough.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Jacque Uetz said...

Congrats to you both wonderful pic's!!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

This is just in case you don't come back to read what I said to you on my blog.

Treat yourself to Wendy Hiller in "All Passion Spent" and get it all back into perspective. She is gorgeous even in her 80s. You'll love it. And, if you're anything like me - which I know you are - you'll be teary-eyed through most of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home