.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Three score and ten or more

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Don't get really ticked off much anymore, but a telephone jerk ticked me off today. Phone rings.
Me: "hello". Stranger asks me if I would be willing to participate in a telephone poll about local and state politics. "I have about seven questions, and this will take about five minutes. Can you help me?" I am a sucker for politcal polls. Used to do them once in awhile for the Cranston Republican club up in Cranston, Rhode Island.. "Sure." says I.

First question: "If the primary election were held today, would you vote for Casey Cagel or Ralph Reed for lieutenant Governor?" I hemmed and hawed a bit for though devout Republican that I am, I and not very fond of either of the above, but, I gave him a name.

Second question: In age group, would you identify yourself as 18-25, 25-35, 35-45, 45-55 or over fifty five?

Me, "Over fifty five."

CLICK, the sucker hangs up on me. I didn't call and ask for his time, he called me, and he wiped me out of whatever stupid poll he was conduction because I am over 55. I am over 55, and the only time I have missed voting since my 21st birthday (that was voting age back then) was one year when I was living in Finland and my absentee ballot didn't arrive on time, but because I am over fifty five, I am unworthy of his damnable poll. I wish I knew what candidate he was working for so I could vote against the creep. I think I must have been anticipating this bird when I didn't send a check this year when Senator Mrs. Dole sent me her polite request (for the party, not for her, and for somereason I was not in the mood)
mailto:$#@&*###*&?%$. Take that you punk.

4 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

That would tee me off too - for a while - till it sank in that he's just another bottom-feeder. I've worked as a political phone-poller too and it was not so much a poll as an advertisement/brainwashing/conditioning program. Maybe they figured that it's a waste of time trying to "condition" us old fogies.

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

whhaaaa...??? You're kidding! How unscientific a poll is that (as well as insulting!)

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Ed said...

What I would have given to have caller ID in a situation like that. Of course, he probably had a blocked number. My first option of a tactical nuke that can travel over the phone lines hasn't yet been invented.

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home